Thursday, April 10, 2008

Years Ago I Was Gonna Get This Carved Into My Skin In Ink


But I changed my mind. Phew! It would have looked like a blob around my arm. Imagine Bingo Wings with trees all the way around.
It says:
'Awake O north wind; and come, thou South; blow upon my garden, that the spices therof may flow out.
Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat its choice fruits.'
...only in Welsh, which is such a pretty language. Then I decided that... well, it was all about being there just for a fella huh?? And if you have a tattoo around your arm you're stuck with it. I think it's wise to get any design done in Henna or ink just so you live with it for a month or two and see if the novelty wears off. Only my opinion.
Anyway, I always planned to do an embroidery of a treeline like this, without the decorative stylised base. Still might one day??? Probably not. Damn! I missed my moment.

No comments: