Saturday, July 14, 2007

Newest Bobble Cushion



Front and Back views.

Actually I started this ages ago, but it's going to be finished SOON! I'll make up the back, bung them together, then dye it. Green, I've decided. Applish, clear, kitchen-type, non-sage Green. I've drawn out a pattern for a rectangular version in bright red velvet too.

I made a pattern for this... if you're interested. Going cheap since I'm not pursuing the business angle any more and want to get rid of stock. I sort of pillaged it in any case, although the pattern
has been obsolete for a millenium and would seem to be out of time?. I did figure it out without the benefit of anything to copy though, so there was a LOT of figuring and playing and trying and changing, which might redeem me a little bit.
The white, un-dyed version is tweaked from the yellow (my yellow) and puts the bobble's closer together.
bbbbbbbb

The pages you see at the top are my source. An old McCalls Needlework & Craft from my childhood. But since making this pattern and cushions, I've purchased an original pattern from good old Ebay. I haven't even looked inside yet! Had it for over a year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your work is just fabulous!

Rebecca-the-Wrecker said...

bobble cushions make me giggle. very cute

Anonymous said...

Oooohh! I love this. You're so clever.

Anonymous said...

Can I buy the pattern?